Wednesday 4 January 2012

Sensitive Poem III

I'm not putting in the inspiring picture again because I'm thinking of illustrating this soon.


I saw a genius in the mirror today.
I smiled at her and thought, “No way!
She couldn’t have been here since yesterday!”

She smiled back, but didn’t say a word.
Her lips moved, but how absurd
The sound of my own voice was all I heard!

I waved to her, and she waved to me
At exactly the same time. How could this be?
I had to solve this intriguing mystery.

I don’t know why I did it, but I took a few steps back,
Closed my eyes and ran into the mirror with a smack.
The girl disappeared, and everything went black.

A few moments later, my body turned to stone.
I heard a distant voice say with a little groan,
“This is what happens to those who always live alone.”


Not that anything I write is 'normal', but seriously, my poems are getting increasingly bizarre. Matt Groening, what have you done to me?

Sensitive Poem I
Sensitive Poem II


No comments:

Post a Comment